9-15-17 and 9-16-17 Handgun Class
General Products and Services
Two Day Handgun
A two day, 20 hour immersion course in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Draw from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The course will culminate with a police-style qualification course. Estimated ammo count: 500 rounds.
Prerequisite: basic understanding of firearms safety.
What Do I bring?
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
- A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Hearing protection.
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap or other brimmed headwear (not red).
- At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
- Raingear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold, even in Florida).
- Note taking materials.You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here. If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, that is OK. Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools / lubricants that you might need.
- A flashlight. Although we will not be doing any night shooting, it can get getting dark fairly early and some of our facilities have no lighting at the range. A flashlight might be handy for packing up your gear and getting to your car.
Please note that the above list is just the essentials. You may bring additional items (such as a range bag, extra magazines, folding chairs and tables, tarps etc.), if you choose.
Please bring your own snacks, beverages etc. Also remember that many of our classes are 10 hour days so if you need another meal in that amount of time please bring it. Bring water, while we do provide water at all of our locations, it never hurts to bring some more.
Trojan International Defense Group facility at 2265 E. Pridemore, Lincoln, AR 72744
If you have any questions ask the host of the class you are taking.